Monday 1 October 2012

Illustration: Cakes and costumes party invitation.



An invitation I designed that was quick and inexpensive with a theme established purely by my wanting to bake/ eat cake and see little monkeys running around in costumes. So cute. 
The invites were printed on 290gsm textured ivory card, with coloured ricrac tied on top. The hole was made with a star punch. I hand drew the illustration and coloured it in photoshop.

Detail:


Envelope supplies:




The envelope's were super inexpensive, a pack from smiths were on offer at a pound. Washi type tape from Tiger (I love the Tiger shops) 2 for £1. And a cork from a bottle I opened solely for this purpose, sacrificing mum and all that. I quickly cut the heart, taped a little plain paper on, then stamped away, that was it.


Artwork copyright of Queen Kwak.




No comments:

Post a Comment